Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Book harvest

This semester's book harvest is quite something. These are my compulsory books:

"La cantatrice chauve", Eugène Ionesco
"En attendant Godot", Samuel Beckett
"Le Père Goriot", Balzac
"Mondo et autres histoires", J.M.G Le Clézio
"Thérèse Desqueyroux", François Mauriac
"L'argumentation", Christian Plantin
"La guerre des langues et les politiques linguistiques", Louis-Jean Calvet
"Phonétisme et prononciations du français", Pierre R. Léon
"Apprendre les langues: Où, quand, comment?", Annick Comblain & Jean Adolphe Rondal
"Sur la France: Vive la Différence!", Andrew Jack

The first five ones are books to be read for literary history. The others are for oral presentation, discussion, phonetics, French linguistics, composition and translation.

I feel strangely positive about studying French again this semester. I feel excited and as if I want to stay on top of my game and study my brains out every afternoon after class. Wonder how long that'll last? I'd say about a month... But I'll try to keep it up. The more I study the easier the exams will be, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!