Sunday, 18 December 2011

Problems in the labour market

Today I heard on the news about threats and violence on the Swedish version of the Employment Office. Unfortunately I can't say that I'm surprised. The current situation is unsupportable, it's crazy. I've mentioned previously that my age-group is a big one and that it seems to come as a surprise for the authorities every time we gain another level in society. I don't know anybody who has been at the Employment Office and felt like it went well. I've never felt welcome walking in there. "Yet another one", they seem to be thinking.
How can people be surprised that we are getting so frustrated that we turn to violence and threats? No one listens to us. We do not count. We are not important. This should not be happening and the fact that it is should be an eye-opener, but somehow I doubt it. In the current situation I can say, without hesitation, that I have no faith for the Swedish labour market. It seems to be non-existant for my generation. That's one reason as to why I want to go abroad. I put all my faith and hope to the labour market abroad. Hopefully I will find a place where my presence is valued rather than frowned upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!