Friday, 2 December 2011

Thoughts on education

I've been thinking about my education lately. I don't really care what kind of a fancy job it leads to as long as I like what I'm doing. As long as I can live on the amount of money the job pays me doesn't really matter as long as I like it.

Lately I'm getting more and more freaked out about not passing my upcoming exams (and I'm kind of worried that I didn't pass the one last week) and if I don't I'll only be studying part-time next semester. It will feel kind of nice to have a small break, but if I'm not going to be able to continue to the next level of French because I fail this one then I'm considering skipping it. French has been really really hard on me, although very fun and satisfying at times. I love the language but I just don't love it as much as I love Japanese. If I skip the next level of French then I won't be eligible for the Master programme of Translation. So if I'm not eligible I'm going to study part-time next semester then go back to Japanese by autumn, get a Bachelor in the language and go on to the Master programme of Linguistics. It's a road that's even more shaky than the original one, but at least I'll do what I like.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!