Sunday, 4 March 2012

Study break?

So at least I can tell you that I finished the PowerPoint for the presentation. I used an article that I found that's almost, maybe, applicable to my subject... And actually my teacher responded to the mail! :O But what he said was that he thought I should go ask my dissertation mentor for help instead of him. So basically he said that he couldn't help me. Why should I ask my mentor for help in a course he has no part-taking in? But if this stupid teacher isn't satisfied with what I've managed to do with this little help from him, then I guess that is what I'll have to do.

Lately I've been thinking that maybe I should try and take a year off school by next summer. Considering going back to Tokyo, but also seeing more of Japan and Asia. If I can I want to go to Okinawa (Naha), Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nagoya, Sapporo and Aoyama in Japan, Seoul, Shangai and/or Beijjing, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Taipei and Singapore. Obviously I would very much like to go with a friend, but if that's not possible then I will definately go alone again. It went very well last time so who's to say it wouldn't go well again? I'm itching to travel again and I've always wanted to see the world. Starting with Southeast Asia seems like a good idea :) I also have the possibility of meeting friends in Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Taipei :D It would be so great! Learning some basic Mandarin and Korean by then would be a good idea... And maybe start controlling my expenditures...

The bottom-line here is that I more and more feel like I'm getting tired of studying. I've never taken time off studying, so after almost 17 years in school (autumn 1996 - spring 2013) wouldn't you say it was about time?

------------

Just got to add this... Nightwish released their new single "The Crow, the Owl and the Dove" quite recently and the coupling track "The Heart Asks Pleasure First" is just so insanely beautiful... This is why I love Nightwish with and without Tarja; I love Tuomas and his musical genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!