Friday, 10 August 2012

Misanthropy at work

This post is to let off some steam. I just need to get it all out before I explode.

WARNING: Explicit content. (I feel the need to use a bunch of swearwords alright)

I hate small children. And their parents. I do. Can't stand them. Especially not when I'm working. Don't the parents teach their children anything at all these days? Call me naive, but I think I'd do a better job at raising a kid than most of those idiots. Call me old-fashioned, but what the hell happened to parents' nurturing?!

Is it alright to leave your two or three-year-old alone? Is it alright to let a kid of that age wander off on their own? Is it friggin alright to let them do whatever they want? Doesn't anyone teach their kid to look with their eyes and not with their hands? I have fucking ten-year-olds touching everything while their parents calmly watch them. WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?! Aren't children supposed to know how to look with their eyes by the age of ten? I have two-year-olds putting stuff in their mouths and their parents aren't saying a fucking thing, but when that same kid grabs a wheel-stick and runs off with it that's when the parents interfere and start talking about "theirs and yours" and "stealing". Really? Really?! You want to teach a two-year-old the definition of stealing?! But it's alright to put stuff that isn't yours in your mouth?!

A child says that s/he wants something. Parents say no. Child starts screaming and crying. They walk off. Two minutes later they are back and the parents buy the friggin thing so that the child stays silent. Yeah, that's a great message to send to your child: keep wailing and I'll give you everything you ask for.

Parents are idiots. Don't ask your child what s/he wants if you're not going to fucking listen! "What do you want?" *child says some weird flavour* "I don't think you'll like that, let's go with strawberry." Don't ask if you're just going to overrule him/her!!!!

Also it's alright to not say "thank you", it's alright to be impolite to strangers. But if grandma/granpa buy you something then you have to say "thank you" or your parents will nag you until you do. Actually I'm so used to children being rude to me (cause they don't know me, I hope) that I'm thoroughly surprised when a child actually comes to my workplace just to thank me for helping them earlier. "Surprised" is the wrong word. "Stunned" is more appropriate for the reaction I have when a child is polite.

Aren't children encouraged to read anymore? They point and ask me what flavour it is. I tell them. They ask about the next one. I ask them to read the sign (if the child is obviously older than 8). The child turns to their parents and ask them instead and they just tell instantly. Reading is one hell of a necessary ability. Aren't parents supposed to encourage the reading of their children?!

And if you mention something of this to their parents. You'll get an ear-full of how rude you are. Don't tell parents how to do their job - obviously (*cough* sarcasm *cough*) they know how to better than some insubordinate 21-year-old. Well, I can tell you all that I've certainly learned what not to do when I get to raise a child during these 8 years that I've been selling confectionary.

------

There I think I'm done. This is what I've had on my mind for the last two weeks. Had to get that off my chest. Still want more? Here's more.

Oh, and there's one more thing related to my last two days of work: if I hear one more word about how many wasps I have on the sweets I'll shoot myself. Yes, wasps like sugar. Yes, there are many wasps. WAY TO POINT OUT THE OBVIOUS. No, I really don't mind. They don't mind me if I don't mind them. So would you kindly stop waving your fucking arms around?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!