Tuesday, 7 August 2012

So sick of it

I finished my dissertation some weeks ago and got the result that I didn't pass. He wanted a corrected version of it by August 22nd, which is impossible since I'm pretty much working all the time during August. I asked him if it would be alright if I tried to finish it during the next semester when I'll be studying Japanese. He said it would be alright although he thought it was a shame to stop now. He doesn't understand that I'll probably write a way better dissertation without a quickly approaching deadline looming over me, being completely stressed out from both work and studying. So no, I'll wait 'til autumn and that's final.

But honestly I'm so sick of French. I just don't want to anymore. I'm sick of the language and sick of the culture, sick of the people at the French institution. I know I should try to finish off the last French course and I will do that the next semester and I have also told myself that I will try to keep up with the French and trying to get better. How does audiobooks sound? Passing French will open so many more doors than just passing Japanese.

I'm sick of it and I just want to get rid of it. Having French looming over me is stressful and I hate having that dissertation poking me at the back of my head all the time. I just can't stand it.

It was a dumbass decision to start French again. Couldn't someone have told me that 1½ ago?
I only made stupid decisions 1½ ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!