Friday, 19 October 2012

Movies, parties, music, studying, Harry Potter and Edinburgh

Once again I haven't posted anything in forever. But there's been a lot of stuff going on! Midterms are tomorrow so I've been busy studying as well as some other things ofc.

Wednesday 10th I took the train north to Toni. It's already gotten so cold up there! O_o Thursday and Friday were spent studying and gaming (Skyrim for me, Dishonored and Mass Effect 3 for him). We also saw The Lorax, which is a film I've wanted to see for quite some time. I wanted to see it when it showed at the cinema, but they only showed it in Swedish :( It's a children's movie but it's kind of fun and it deals with an important issue - trees, fresh air, nature and environmental destruction. I guess that's mainly the reason for why I liked the movie despite all the childishness. We also watched Suck: Vampires rock, which was a lot of fun for me cause Alice Cooper was in it :D *fangirl*

Saturday was a big day. It was the birthday of the littlest one of Toni's three nieces so we went to her birthday party. She turned 3. I guess you all know by now how I behave around new people and I've kind of gotten used to most of his family, but it's different with children. For some reason it always seems more important to get children to like you, I don't know why. So I'm always nervous going to his sister's house. But I can see why the girls have a hard time with me. I'm new and strange and I don't talk much and when I do I talk weirdly (we have a different dialect here down south). But this time I went there as nervous as per usual and I left there feeling quite happy and way more comfortable than I have had before. After cake and opening the presents (which was a major flashback to my little sister and I when we were children) I suddenly became very popular with the littlest one and I have no idea what happened. But suddenly she was all "Elin, look at me!" "Look at this, Elin!" So cute. She had gotten a cute little plastic suitcase with blocks with Hello Kitty on them and she wanted me to play with them with her. I still don't know what happened there... But I felt accepted and that's always a great feeling.

Later that evening it was time for another party at Toni's flat. This one of a bit more adult nature :P Alcohol, music and friends. This girl's music has pretty much become mandatory to play now. And are you surprised if I say that this is my favourite video of her:
The night ended with us all going downtown to one of the local rockbars, which is always a great time. 

Sunday was another day spent gaming and then watching a movie: Cirque du Freak: Vampire's Assistant. Monday Toni had work and I spent the day studying and gaming. Same for Tuesday. But when he got home on Tuesday evening it was time for more cosiness and several episodes of Big Bang Theory

Wednesday 17th I had to go home due to conversation midterm being on Thursday. Going home is never fun. It's terrible. But it has to be done every now and then and well, there really isn't anything one can do about it, although it sucks. 

Anyway the conversation midterm went well I think. Afterwards I could count all the mistakes I did, but I still think I did well enough for a passing grade. 

What I've done while blogging this is half listening half watching the live web cast (well, not so live right now, more like recorded web cast) of JK Rowling and some guy from Scholastic. I loved watching/listening to it. Mainly because of her discussing the characters and her favourite moments in the books. I love what she said about Hufflepuff in the end and I love all the hints that were made that we pretty soon will see some chapters from Prisoner of Azkaban on Pottermore. Well, I pretty much loved it. Watch it! Please do. 
I also love the presentation of Edinburgh in the beginning of the video. Made me laugh out loud "Is there still a guy playing bagpipes at that corner?!" and "I've been there!" "And there!" "And there!" So I'll give you four pictures from Edinburgh as well.


I'll leave you guys with my favourite song as of right now. Enjoy the web cast and the music ^^
And now there'll be Skyrim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!