Sunday, 22 December 2013

Last two days: best friend and board gaming night

This Thursday I went to Stockholm to meet up with Kajsa. She's my best friend and since she moved to Umeå (way up north) the times we meet have become very few. She's in Stockholm with her family over Christmas so before I went south (way down south) to be with my family over Christmas , we decided to meet up. It's always fun to meet with her. We've known each other for about 13 years now and although we've grown up in completely different ways we still always find a lot to talk about. Mostly about books, education, friends we have in common, potential/actual boyfriends (depending on the situation), and our families and dogs. Since we were in Stockholm a visit to our favourite book store was a given. So after meeting up we walked to the Sci-Fi book store and spent over an hour in there. I hadn't planned on buying anything, but after a quick head count I decided I could afford to buy three books I had been considering for ages but never actually bought. Those were The Guin Saga - Book One: The Leopard Mask by Kaoru Kurimoto, Ancient Blades - Book 1: Den of Thieves by David Chandler and The Wizard of Oz and Other Wonderful Books of Oz: The Emerald City of Oz and Glinda of Oz by L. Frank Baum. We're both very much into fantasy novels, however I'm more into epic sword & sorcery fantasy and she's more into urban fantasy. We both have some common authors, though, that we both like.

After our trip to the Sci-Fi book store we went to our favourite café and had a chai latte each and had a long talk. A very well needed talk since we hadn't seen each other since spring and both of us had news. During our talk Kajsa asked if I wanted to come with her and have dinner with her and her mum, and since it had been forever since I last met her mum and her adorable little dog I decided to go with her. Dinner was nice and I had a lot of fun talking to everybody again. We rounded up the evening by watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which I hadn't seen in ages, but was better than I remembered it. When the movie ended it was getting kind of late and they combined following me back to the tube stop and taking the dog out for night stroll. I had never been on the underground in Stockholm by myself so that ended up being a little adventure, but everything went perfectly. The tube and the train had only 15 minutes between them (not that bad) and since it wasn't raining I decided to walk home from the train station. Arriving home I got to watch Toni play Need For Speed: Rivals on the new PS4. A game which I find a lot of fun to watch, but I'm crap at driving and playing it myself :P All in all a good day.

---------------------------------------------------------

Friday we had some friends over for a board gaming night. We started out with Mansions of Madness. I had decided that I wanted to try out to be Keeper for once and it was the final story in the original game: Green-Eyed Boy. The largest map. Toni warned me that I'd have a lot to keep track of and a lot on my mind acting as Keeper, but I didn't find it that hard tbh. I assume that playing chess growing up and enjoying startegy games like Total War and Heroes of Might and Magic may have been to my advantage. Anyway I managed to complete my objective before the Investigators and I won :) They all agreed later that I had played Keeper really well and I thought it was a lot of fun, so I think I'll want to continue doing it ^^
After Mansions of Madness we started playing Spank the Monkey. The game is hilarious, but after the third round three of our friends had gotten really tired (it was about 2.30 am by that time) and they decided that it was time to go home and get some sleep. One of our friends stayed though, and we played two rounds of Small World (I won both rounds!) before we decided it was time to sleep (it was now about 5.30). We went to bed with a feeling of a very successful gaming night.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Today (technically yesterday) I've mostly spent time with Steam Holiday Sale. I ended up buying six games: World of Goo, Spore, Violett, Trine 2, Small World 2, and Ticket to Ride. Then I spent the day playing first some Spore, then some Small World, and finally some Violett. Although Violett is frustratingly difficult at times, I find it very entertaining. It's a point-and-click adventure game with the cutest graphics :3

Tomorrow (well, technically later today) I'll be on the train south (4 hours on a train, woo! -.-). Going home to my parents to spend Christmas there (and taking Toni with me). I'm not sure if I'll be blogging during this time, but if not I'll be back with an update on the 27th.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!