Sunday, 16 February 2014

Valentine's and board games

I guess no one could escape the fact that it was Valentine's two days ago. For Valentine's Toni and I had bought tickets to go and see Frozen in Stockholm (which premiered on January 31st in Sweden). When we first arrived in Stockholm we did the mandatory visit at the sci-fi bookstore and I walked out with three new books and one comic: Doctor Who: Ten Little Aliens by Stephen Cole, The Strange Affair of Spring-Heeled Jack by Mark Hodder, A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin and Sandman #4: Season of Mists by Neil Gaiman. I'm currently watching the First Doctor from the 1960's in Doctor Who and since I know feel that I've gotten to know the First Doctor a bit I thought I'd buy some of the books he features in. Turned out they only had one of his books up on the shelves, but I'm really excited about collecting the 50th anniversary novels so it didn't really matter. Spring-Heeled Jack is a steampunk novel which takes place in an alternate 1860's London. There are four sequels to the book and I'm really looking forward to starting a steampunk series. Then there's A Game of Thrones. I have considered for a really long time to start reading A Song of Ice and Fire, but I haven't really gotten around to doing it. Seeing as I read my unread books in the order of which they come in my bookshelf, it looks like it still may be a while before I start A Song of Ice and Fire. Then there's the comic; the fourth volume of Sandman. I really enjoy this comic (well duh it's Gaiman) and I can't keep myself from reading it as soon as I get it out of the bag. It's on my desk right now and I have started reading it xD

Then for Frozen. It was absolutely amazing! My favourite animated movie is still Tangled, but Frozen was fantastic! Now I understand why everyone was so in love with Let It Go, it's an amazing song! I love how the story actually only ever revolves around the relationship of the sisters and how they save each other, instead of having the girl saved by a guy as Disney usually does. I can't really decide if my favourite song i s Let It Go or Do You Want to Build a Snowman?. They are both so beautiful!

After the show we bought take away sushi and got on the train back home. We had planned on going out in the evening so after we got home we ate the sushi and then we started to prepare for going out. Around 9.30pm we arrived at the bar and met up with two friends. After a while two more came along and then two more. It was all a lot of fun sitting there drinking and talking and singing along with the music. It had been a long time since we had gone out. The bar closed at 1am and then we spent almost 2 hours outdoors talking and hanging out with friends. We got home around 3am and went to sleep about 4am.

Yesterday we had a board gaming night planned. We ordered some pizza for dinner and then people arrived around 7pm. We had decided to try out a new game: Eldritch Horror. It's Lovecraftian, just like Mansions of Madness and Arkham Horror. But instead of someone being the Keeper as in Mansions of Madness, Eldritch Horror is a co-op game where all players play together against the game. It's terribly unforgiving and all the time bad stuff happened to the Investigators. Since it was the first time we played it, we did make some mistakes with the rules and in the end we ended up losing and the world was devoured by Azathoth. But despite losing the game and the game being incredibly unforgiving we had a great time playing it.

The game night ended around 1am and then Toni and I sat up until about 3am, when we decided to go to bed. About the same time one of the neighbours in the house next to ours started blasting music so loud that we could feel the bass in our flat. Wonder what it felt like for those who lived in the same house as he did... We did manage to go to sleep though and I woke up around 1.30pm.

Now it's time for The Sims 2. A lot of stuff happening there and I'll tell you all about it in a different post.

2 comments:

  1. Älskade också Frozen! Fastnade aldrig för Tangled, har istället hållt hårt i Brave. Men jao, Frozen vae awesome! Låter som en nice alla hjärtans dag och utekväll!
    Arkham horror är på samma sätt, och också välidgt oförlåtande.. men det är kul tycker väl jag :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Åh Tangled är ju underbar <3 Gillade Brave också faktiskt men just Tangled är bara för bra. Blir så himla glad av att se på den :3 Har både Tangled och Brave på dvd, men Frozen lär definitivt bli en del av samlingen senare :)
      Jo, jag hörde att Eldritch Horror tydligen ska vara som en ny, förbättrad och uppdaterad version av Arkham Horror. Vet inte om det stämmer, men de låter väldigt lika varandra :P

      Delete

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!