Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Happy (belated) Easter!

I planned on doing the Easter post last night after I got home, but I was too tired after 4 hours on a train that I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Last Friday I got on the train south to visit my parents, celebrate my mother's birthday and celebrate Easter. I got there too late for dinner, but my dad re-heated some leftovers from their dinner. Then there was the ordinary Friday evening of watching television until bedtime. Since Toni had work all of Easter it was just me going south.

Saturday was a day of fixing before the big day. So I spent the day mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, moving loose earth, playing with the dog, and shopping with my mum for the Easter feast we were going to have the day after. It was a great day. The first really warm spring day. 15 degrees and sunny. I even burned my neck pulling weeds.
Half the neighbourhood were having their Easter feast, the other half were doing the first BBQ of the year. My dad took the grill out of storage and we had our first BBQ of the year. Grilled entrecôte :3 Also first dinner of the year outdoors on the patio. The evening was spent watching Smarter than a 5th grader and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. The Harry Potter movie had me crying ofc.

The next day we all got up early to organise everything. Cleaned the house, made the food and set the tables. The grandparents, my sister + boyfriend, and the boyfriend's parents + brother were coming. Since we were so many my parents had decided to do a buffet instead of a proper three course dinner. The buffet table consisted of three traditional pickled herrings (home made), eggs, clear potato sallad, sallad, smoked salmon with a cold sauce, lamb steak, and bread, butter and cheese. The herrings are traditional Sweden and they show up for Easter, Midsummer and Christmas. Lamb is traditional for Easter, and different kinds of salmon show up for Easter, Midsummer and Christmas. For dessert we had a delicious cake. "The children", i.e. me, my sister, her boyfriend, and his brother (along with Toni) all got our Easter eggs packed with sweets. My sister insisted that we should do an Eatser egg hunt, but she was the only one with her heart in it. A few hours after all the food was finished people departed and my parents and I spent the evening watching TV. Most notably the second movie in the Änglagård-trilogy. Those movies depict everything I don't like about Sweden :P

Yesterday was all a big trip. I got up sort of early to pack my stuff and get on the train that would take me to Malmö. There I bought food for the train ride and had a frappuccino at the café before boarding the train. There I spent 4 hours reading, and also being suffocated by it being a warm day and we were inside a train car without functioning air conditioning.  It actually got to the point where the train staff went around the train handing out cartons of water to people who needed it. And of course there immediately was an idiot complaining that the water wasn't cold enough -.-' Ungrateful bastards.

I got home (finally), cleaned up some, unpacked and started playing Morrowind. Toni had the night shift so he didn't come home until this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!