Monday, 1 December 2014

All that adultness!

So right after I complained about not feeling properly adult in my last post I've had one of my most adult weeks ever. On Sunday 23rd I did a testrun for a job I had applied for. It went well and on Thursday I went to the subsequent staff meeting, receiving work clothes etc. On Friday and Saturday I had work with one of my dad's contacts, which went really well and was surprisingly fun considering it was mostly the same thing I've been doing my entire life and which I now want to move on from. I've done that for 20 years - time to move on to the next thing. And then today I had work from early morning to early afternoon.

The bad thing is that I'm not used to having an ordinary sleeping pattern. Usually I go to sleep around 3am and get up around 1pm, so now when I've been forced to adjust my sleep the result is that I'm constantly tired. I went to bed around 2am on Thursday to be able to rise early for the staff meeting - unfortunately I couldn't sleep until 4.30am. So I only got about 5½ hours sleep, thanks to that I fell into bed at 11.30pm but was still dead tired when I woke up at 6am on Friday. I fell to bed at 11.30pm again that night and then got up at 7am.

Basically I've gotten the sleeping pattern and all those working hours down. I've had coffee in the staff room, bantered with co-workers during work hours, and felt accomplished once I left work for the day. It all feels so grown-up. And instead of going to sleep when I got home today I did two batches of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, went to buy groceries and cooked dinner. I'm on a roll!

So for the rest of the day I'm going to eat crisps on a work day and watch Pokémon. Just to neutralise all the adultness.

1 comment:

  1. Haha upplever ungefär samma sak nu när jag fått ett jobb! x'D
    but yeah, roll on!~

    ReplyDelete

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!