Tuesday, 11 August 2015

The first week of August (ish)

The first week of August came with a boom.

On Saturday, August 1st, I worked in the morning and then in the afternoon I walked in the Stockholm Pride Parade. No one I knew was going so I went alone. I ended up next to a badass looking goth guy, and two lesbian couples. I just jumped in somewhere in the parade and ended up walking with Marching for Those Who Can't, which I was very ok with. Only negative thing with the Parade was that it was so friggin hot. I hade brought water with me, but I was melting. So just before the end the Parade stopped for a short while and I found an open spot to sneak out. I went to the closest 7-Eleven and bought two bottles of water, both of which I had finished when I got home an hour later. But walking in the Parade was amazing. Even if I was alone it felt wonderful and I don't regret going for a second. The whole atmosphere was filled with pride, acceptence and open-mindedness and I absolutely loved it. It didn't hurt that the by-standers were cheering as we walked by, I felt like a rock star. And to anyone who doesn't know me and reads this, yes, I'm included in the LGBTQ+ spectrum.

When I got home I was so tired from all the walking that all I had energy for was to read. So I finished my book, The Raven's Shadow by Elspeth Cooper.

On Sunday I realised that the headache I had had at the end of Saturday wasn't just due to the heat. I now had a full-blown cold. Great. I didn't really have any energy for anything, but still I decided to start up The Witcher and play that. I had long planned to go through the first two Witcher games so that I could play the third one, because that looks friggin amazing. I fell in love with the first game pretty soon. I really liked the story and although the battle mechanics were different from what I've played before I still didn't take much issue with it. (A full review will show up when I've finished Witcher 2).

On Monday I had called in sick to work and spent the day playing.

On Tuesday I was still feeling under the weather, but I had people coming over the next day and so I had to make the flat presentable. Four turns up to the attic to get rid of all the excess parts of computer chairs we had lying around since we bought new chairs, change the sheets, one turn to the recycling station, and one go with the hoover. When I was done I was bust. The four turns up to the attic (four floors, no lift) made me sound like an asthmatic case.

On Wednesday my best friend arrived with her doggy. She was going to a wedding in Macedonia and I had agreed to babysit her dog while she was away. It was really nice meeting her again. Last time was around Christmas. Spent the day talking and playing table top games :)

On Thursday - Monday I was babysitting the dog. Best friend left on Thursday afternoon and that also when my old phone decided to retire. The battery had swelled to the point where the back of the phone had popped off. So the next day I went downtown to buy myself a new one. I'm very happy with my brand new phone, except for the fact that my phone no longer fits in my pocket. I've been keeping my phone in my pocket since 2002! Why are you doing this to me, technology?! On Monday my best friend along with her bf came by and picked up doggy. It was sad to see the dog go, actually. I kind of miss her presence here... But it's also nice not having to take a walk every four hours :P

Today has mostly been about waiting. Waiting and waiting and waiting for the new Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC, The Descent. It finally released at 7pm and since then I've been playing. Review comes up tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!