Sunday, 6 December 2015

Evening Star, week 1

Evening Star = December in Tamriel

This week has been kind of slow.

On Monday I still wasn't feeling well so I needed to get a sick note to my boss. The website had no information whatsoever on how to get one at my care centre, so I walked down there for their drop in hours. When I got there I was told that I needed to reserve a time and meet a doctor to get one. So I walked away from there without my sick note. Got home and wrote an annoyed email to the care centre about the lack of information on their website. Then I watched the latest episode of Allt för Sverige, a Swedish show about Americans with Swedish ancestry who comes back to Sweden to find their roots and compete against each other to win a chance to meet their Swedish relatives, and then played Mass Effect 2.

On Tuesday I got up at 7.30 am (the care centre's opening hour) and called in to get an appointment. I got one for 11.30 am. Had breakfast and read some in The World of Thedas vol. 1 and then I went down there again. Everything went well, got my sick note and sent it to my boss. Then I went home and went back to sleep for a few hours more. I got up and made a blog post, ordered some Christmas presents, had some dinner and then went to play some more Mass Effect 2.

On Wednesday I finished Mass Effect 2 and immediately went on to Mass Effect 3 (my favourite game in the series!). In the evening we had our weekly TV show watching evening where we watched some episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as well as some Heroes Reborn.

Thursday was pretty much the same as Wednesday.

On Friday I went to work at the tourist agency. Extremely slow day with almost nothing to do at all. When I got home I played some more Mass Effect, and in the evening we saw a few episodes of Doctor Who.

Yesterday I played Mass Effect 3. Toni and I also finished playing Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, and I started up Until Dawn. It was a lot of fun to play. I was afraid I'd be really bad at all the quicktime events (the quicktime events in Tomb Raider were what ultimately led me to abandoning the game), but I managed quite well. I find it funny that it seems like I manage quicktime events more easily with a controller, while I'm really bad at steering my characters on a controller. I don't have as much agility in my thumb as I do with my entire arm! I usually find the controls for computer games far easier than the controls for console games. But I like Until Dawn, and it's a completely different experience playing it myself than watching gameplay, especially since it's a game based on choice and consequences.

Today is Sunday and I'm feeling well again so today will be a short day. I'll probably only play Mass Effect 3 today. There may be an episode of some TV show while we have dinner. But since I'll go to bed at 8 or 9 pm, there won't be much variation from Mass Effect :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!