Monday, 8 February 2016

Sun's Dawn, week 1

This week has been very out of the ordinary.

On Monday to Thursday I was in Cologne in Germany, working for one of my dad's friends' company at ISM, the largest international fair for confectionary companies in the world. I mostly spent my time presenting the company's specialities in English (and terrible French) to potential customers, as well as interpreting between the boss and international customers as his English isn't very good. Every day was work between 9am and 6pm and after that we usually rushed to the hotel to freshen up and then meet up with friends at a restaurant for dinner, which later led to a night out, which in turn led to too little sleep. But it was a lot of fun! Over the years I've heard my dad talk about this week in Cologne, and to finally go to the places and meet the people was a lot of fun. I think I also managed to pick up another substitute job for one of the Swedish companies there. They are based just outside Stockholm and have been friends with my dad for years.

Friday I spent going home. I took the bus to Malmö at 11am, got on my long-distance train at 12.11pm, arrived in Södertälje at 4.18pm and came home around 5pm. I spent the evening unpacking, as well as watching new episodes of Call the Midwife, The Vampire Diaries and The Originals. I also started up a new game of The Sims 4, I'm hoping to recreate my family from The Sims 2 there, so as to make the transition finally complete. But the lack of cheats in The Sims 4 still feels weird. I'm literally a god in The Sims 2, but that feeling is slightly diminished in The Sims 4.

Saturday I went to work at the tourist agency and when I got home I watched two more new episodes of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, as well as played more The Sims 4.

Sunday was also work at the tourist agency and afterwards I lounged around in the bed at home and read one of my current books. I didn't manage to finish either of them on my way home, in the end. But still being sleep deprived after the week in Cologne and having done no real catching up on my sleep since coming back to Sweden, I fell asleep for an hour there. After dinner I just watched some old X-Files episodes and then went to sleep around 8.30pm. Sundays are always early nights due to Mondays starting at 4am.

Song on my brain

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!