Monday 28 January 2019

Germany 2019 day 3

Today has been mostly in the line of yesterday. A lot of walking and talking, but while yesterday was more about exploring and possibly finding new contacts today was more about renewing old ties and talking to old contacts. Most of my dad's old contacts are aware who I am so today's wtf moment was when one of the contacts asked whether I was new in the company. Dude, I was born in the company. I didn't say dude, but otherwise that's what I said. I've been helping out for as long as I can remember and I've been working since I was 13 and legally could.

The day passed incredibly quickly. This year my dad decided to participate in the international Rotary meeting at the fair and I tagged along. I spent most of the time sitting a bit to the side, not really participating. But when a Japanese guy showed up my interest was piqued. After the meeting I decided that I wanted to have a look at the two Japanese companies that were present at the fair. The biggest one was a lot of fun. They had a lot of inherently Japanese things that I had never tried or hadn't tried in ages and they were all so impressed and happy when I talked to them in Japanese. Even if what I said was mostly yes, thank you, and I understand.

After the fair we went back to the hotel and changed clothes and then we met up at the Dominikaner. We had originally planned to go to Haxenhaus to have dinner, but we ended up att Früh, because most of the people we were with didn't want haxe for dinner and Früh does other dishes besides haxe a lot better than Haxenhaus. So we went to Früh and I had haxe for dinner. Delicious as always :D If I just have one chance per year to have haxe, then I will have haxe.

Tomorrow is the last day at the fair so we will check out from the hotel in the morning and then bring our luggage to the fair, and then go directly to the airport from the fair in the afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!