Saturday 27 April 2019

Dealing with backlog: Sherlock Holmes The Devil's Daughter

When this game was announced I had just completed The Testament of Sherlock Holmes and so I was really excited for it!

The game is a set of five cases which aren't connected to each other or to the main story. The overall story is connected to Holmes' daughter Kate; the little girl he adopted at the end of Testament. Kate gets a close relationship with Holmes' new neighbour Alice and Watson keeps nagging Holmes' about telling Kate the truth of her origin.

Of crouse Holmes doesn't, because he's afraid of losing her if she finds out the truth, so in the end she finds out about it in the most horrible way. Depending on your actions in the end you can either save her or lose her. In a very Dishonored fashion.

I really enjoyed the game mechanics of collecting evidence, connecting clues and making deductions to solve the cases. That was really enjoyable.

They got a new voice actor for Holmes in this game which suited me fine, because the VA in earlier games has had a really fine acquired pronunciation that just nagged at me when I listened to it for long. Of course it didn't hurt that Holmes in this game looks like Jon Hamm, or that Watson looks like Jude Law.

My favourite case was the one involving the American actor Orson Wilde and how much Holmes rolled his eyes at him and groaned at his actions. That was hilarious! And I also enjoyed the ending with Holmes all fired up with care and worry and fighting his new nemesis. It was so epic :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!