Saturday 28 December 2019

Three games I started but didn't finish in 2019

Always Remember Me: I watched Dodger play this otome game on Youtube years ago and wanted to try it for myself. I played through the normal Eddy route, misclicked and had my save overwritten, game wanted me to start over. I disagreed and didn't play it any more. I might pick it up again at a later time, but tbh Amarantha bothers the crap out of me.

Crysis: "Can it run Crysis?" Ofc I had to try this game! The whole legend around it makes it necessary! Unfortunately I didn't like it. Too little story and too much "go here and shoot stuff just because. also there's something weird going on but we're mostly going to ignore that except when we feel like we need to really bring your attention back to the fact that there's actually a story". It got repetitive and boring incredibly quickly.

Cities: Skylines: City building sims are usually straight up my alley and I had heard so much good about Cities Skylines that I seems almost rude to say that I didn't enjoy it much. I gave it 7 hours of my time and not once did I feel like I was actually getting somewhere. My towns got to 5000 in population pretty quickly at which point I always, always, always without fail got to watch it collapse back down to 800, go back up to 5000 and collapse back down to 800. Didn't matter how many different towns I did or different maps or different ways to build the city. At 5000 people the city would just die. I lost my patience trying to figure out why after having it happen about a dozen times. I haven't looked back since uninstalling it. But it seemed so promising~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!