Monday 2 May 2022

Arcane S01

This show...

I had heard it was good, but damn...

It's breath-takingly amazingly awesome!

I don't play LoL. I have never played LoL. Couldn't care less about LoL. But that doesn't matter when it comes to the show. The story, characters and universe get introduced and represented very well on their own without the crutch that is the game. If the game title wasn't on the show's title card then nobody would have guessed the show belonged to the same universe as the game. 

The first few episodes before the time-skip foreshadow a lot of darkness to come, but the foreshadowing doesn't even begin to cover it. 

But the characters are oh so amazing, and characters I thought I'd hate ended up being some of my faves. Silco, Viktor, Jinx... The darker and morally grey characters ended up my faves (so not a surprise in hindsight)

Not much else I can say without spoiling the whole thing. But it's perfect. Animation is on point. Voice-acting is top notch. It's probably the best thing I've seen so far this year. 

Fan made music video below contains spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!