Saturday 9 July 2022

Total War shenanigans part 2

So after my last post I took a break from the Elder Scrolls mod and went to play some AC Odyssey. But it crapped out on me in the very last episode of the very last DLC so I decided to fuck that and angrily went back to play Total War.

My issue last time was that I figured I'd somehow shot myself in the foot when I accidentally made Dagon join my side ^^; I did some googling (nothing newer than 2017 ffs) and apparently there's supposed to be a whole script featuring Bruma and the final showdown in IC. But none of that happened. So when I started up the mod again I found the Champion of Cyrodiil and Emperor Martin and had Dagon suicide against them. When that did nothing I took the three other Dremora I had bribed to join me and suicided them too. No continuation of the Oblivion Crisis script and both the Champion of Cyrodiil and Emperor Martin just stood around and did nothing. So I decided to see if me killing them would make the game count as me having defeated the Cyrodiil Empire faction. It did not, but now all the players of the Oblivion Crisis were gone, but the game still continued counting them as living factions. 

This meant that I wouldn't be able to complete the requirements for victory as the Aldmeri Dominion, as one of the requirements was to wipe out the Cyrodiil Empire, and according to the game they were somehow immortal. So I went for victory by domination instead. And started taking over every region in the game. Great Houses Dres and Redoran proved especially annoying and the Kingdom of Daggerfall had a penchant for assassins. I kept murdering their preposterous amount of priests on my territories and they retaliated by assassinating my generals. Unfair, yo! 

By the time I got into Morrowind Dres had obliterated Black Marsh and made a vassal of Hlaalu. Redoran had taken out Dagoth and occupied all of Vvardenfell and were making advances into mainland Morrowind. Telvanni had retreated to Solstheim and Ascadian Isles and kept on their end. To keep the Dunmer at bay I had originally allied myself with Black Marsh and Telvanni, but Dres and Redoran just gave fuck-all about that and continued their respective expansions. 

Kingdom of Daggerfall helped me obliterate the Clan of Forebears and most of Orsinium. Once Forebears were gone, though, I went after Daggerfall. And once Dres obliterated Black Marsh, I went after Dres and their vassal Hlaalu. 

Morthal was an annoying city that kept rioting for no reason I could figure out. Even at 105% happiness they were still rioting like wtf. 

But in the end I took every single region in the game. Masterfully ending the game by stabbing my only remaining ally (the Undead of Volkihar) in the back and taking their island. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!