Monday 18 December 2023

Elder Scrolls Online: Endless Archive

Sorry, Infinite Archive. My bad. 

So I was pretty disappointed to find out that the autumn DLC wouldn't be the usual small zone DLC, but rather something akin to a roguelite arena added as a location in Apocrypha. I'm not a big fan of roguelites, but as usual I decided to give it a go anyway. Never say I didn't try. 

So I logged on with my main, which is a healer build with decent dps and the only character I have who's got a companion, and off we went to the Archive. Things went fast and easy until the fifth boss, which is the last one of an arc. The bosses are all randomized nerfed dungeon, trial and world bosses. The fifth one I got for my very first arc was Z'Baza, The Sload secret boss from the Coral Aerie dungeon, which I haven't actually done. This boss summoned lots of adds, covered most of the fighting area in AoEs and also teleported around which made the boss very hard to properly attack while also dodging everything all at once. 

You get three attempts in one arc. After you've died the third time it's off to the start with you and start over. I got Z'Baza down to 50% HP every time, but never further. 

After every boss you get to pick an effect which lasts you either specific amount of time or until the arc is over. The effects are typically extra damage, extra defense or extra healing, and it works well. I think my favourite effect I got that first arc was the summons of plague rats which would help fight the enemies and once they died they'd turn into plague blobs that could be picked up and thrown at the enemies doing poison damage. Pretty neat. Another great effect I got was the ability to summon a decoy which would distract the enemies and effectively make them stand still in one spot attacking this decoy with a huge health pool, making them easy to kill all at once. 

The Tho'at stuff could prove interesting though. New Daedra Lord! :)

All in all, not very impressed with this, but I'll keep at it for a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!