Monday 16 November 2020

I'm thirty

So there we go. I'm thirty years old and I can't believe it. I've left my twenties behind, although I still feel like I haven't changed since I was twenty-five. 

Turning thirty in 2020 absolutely sucked. I managed to get two weeks off from work which I had originally planned to use to celebrate. One weekend with friends, one weekend with family and maybe a staycation of two days in a city close by that I haven't really visited before. None of that happened because just as November started the second wave of covid kicked off for real and everything shut down again and multiple new restrictions and rules were put in place. I should've had my birthday in August or something when things were almost normal. 

Instead we celebrated at home. We watched a movie, had some snacks and cake and a fancy dinner, and then we played some games. I also got to celebrate a little bit with Toni's family since his older sister and one of his nieces have their birthdays in the same week as I do. 

I've heard a lot of talk from friends that your 30s are pretty much like your 20s. Time to find out if that's true. I enjoyed my 20s and I'm hoping I'll get to enjoy my 30s as well even if the start was crappy and unlike any other year I've seen. 

I made a Spotify playlist in the honour of my big day :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!