Sunday 17 April 2022

Doctor Who S12

We were both very disappointed in series 11 and so it took us way too long to get around to series 12. I had heard good things about series 12 though, so I was cautiously optimistic. 

Already the first episode promised a much better season than series 11 and it felt good to be excited about Doctor Who again.

I still miss Capaldi from time to time, but it happened more than once through the course of series 12 that I was sat thinking "13, your 10 is showing" and I loved it. 

My only gripe is that Jack didn't get to see the Doctor even after all that. 

Loved the new incarnation of the Master, but Cybermen? Again? Wasn't that Missy's deal? (First Capaldi season). Although the Lone Cyberman was really cool. 

Favourite episodes this series are probably the historical ones Nikola Tesla's Night of Terror and The Haunting of Villa Diodati. I also really enjoyed Praxeus (although it got a little preachy) and Spyfall was a great two-parter. 

I feel like The Timeless Children kinda sorta gave the Doctor over to godhood and I didn't like that. It was too much. The Doctor is supposedly an unassuming wandering rebel among his/her own people. So why add an origin story like that?

Anyway, series 12 was great and now I'm really excited about series 13 and the specials leading up to regeneration :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!