Thursday 9 November 2023

Good Omens S02

I don't know why we didn't watch this season sooner considering we both loved the first season (which I know realise I never wrote a post about, oops). 

So the script for this season was allegedly based on an unfinished-but-practically-finished manuscript that Gaiman and Pratchett had written as a sequel to the novel.

I feel like the original will always be the best version in terms of sequels etc, but this season was really damn funny. Shax was great (who knew Rita Skeeter could be that funny?) Jon Hamm was fabulous as a confused and blundering dude and then as hopelessly in love. Every role I've seen of him he either plays stoically handsome or strong-but-sad (strong man refuses to accept he is currently broken, i.e. still stoic), so it was very nice to see him in something more comedic :3

New Beelzebub was better than old Beelzebub.

I did not like that ending T_T

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!