Wednesday 24 January 2024

The Ranch

Toni originally watched this a couple years ago and late last year he decided it was time for me to watch it with him. I was uncertain I'd like it. Mainly because of Ashton Kutcher, because everything I've seen him in he's been playing the "I'm so dumb it's a miracle I can walk and talk at the same time, but I'm pretty so it's okay" character. And I hate that character. But I decided to give this show a shot.

It was so worth it. 

This is a story of a family of characters who all do their best to survive the changing landscape between corporate economy and family-owned businesses. Throughout it all there's a lot of love, family, drama and real profound sorrow. So many issues they work through together without ever sacrificing their individuality.

Beau is my favourite character. Maggie gets too preachy. Abby can be a bit entitled but generally I like her too. Joanne is great. I never liked Rooster. Colt is a personification of Linkin Park's song "In the End"

I didn't like the storyline they made for Mary after Rooster, but up until that point she was one of my favourite characters. Heather got some real substance beyond season 1 and she really grew on me. 

Just do yourself a favour and watch this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!