Sunday 24 March 2024

Game completed: The Outer Worlds (twice)

Been hearing lots of good about this game so I picked it up. It's been a fantastic ride! One of my favourite games for sure. Only complaints are basically that it's too short and there's no romance (Maaaaaaaaaxxxx ♥♥♥♥)

So for my first playthrough I went in completely blind and without any clue what the game would be and how it worked. Lockpicking took me a while to figure out: how the magpicks and the skill levels worked together. I was on the regular edition but with both DLCs. I played through Murder of Eridanos before I even met with Sophia Akande and was stumped when max level turned out to be 36. What kind of arbitrary number is that? I was level 36 before I even started the Gorgon DLC and it kind of ruined the game a bit that there was nothing more to be gained really. No more growth left. So I decided to finish up the story on the regular edition and then play the game again on the Spacer's Choice edition that released last year where they scrapped the level cap. This decision made me rush a bit through the rest of the game. 

So for my next playthrough on Spacer's Choice I decided to focus on the Stealth, Tech and Dialogue skills and let my companions bring the fire power. No lock or speech check could stop me. I explored every inch of every map and ventured to unlock as many achievements as I possibly could. Which included separate saves so I could get all the achievements for branching story paths. Ultimately I made some different choices on this playthrough than I did on my previous one. I saved as many people as I could.

As for the companions everybody loves Parvati. But while she's very sweet she's also so awkward that it hurts. Her banter with other companions is just all fluster and nerves and I eventually stopped bringing her because I couldn't stand her stammering. Ellie and Nyoka were a fun combo and I really like them both. However, my favourite companions became Max and Felix and I brought them along for basically everything all the time. Their banter is priceless. 

My favourite areas to explore were Eridanos and Terra 2. Edgewater even brought a Morrowind vibe with that volcano and big mushrooms. Although Groundbreaker was a really cool place and I love the effect of entering it for the first time. It's so pretty. 


Can I have a sequel, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!