Saturday 30 May 2020

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Toni wanted to watch this because he has read the books. I wanted to watch this because it seemed the right level of crazy.

Right off the bat we both got insane Doctor Who vibes from the intro and actually from the show in general. Samuel Barnett could make a really fun Doctor.

The first season was a crazy introduction with timetravel, soul-swapping, and paradoxes stretching almost 200 years back. I loved watching Todd grow from "I don't want anything to do with this" to "Alright I'll just go with it."

The second season was even more crazy, but probably an accurate description of how people would react when thrown into a fantasy world and being the subject of a prophecy. Especially when that fantasy world leaks out into the real world. The solution to this season was really, really good. I loved watching Amanda grow over the course of these two seasons.

The second season ended with them all talking about something big that was coming, and I really want more of the show. But it was cancelled after the second season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!