Monday 1 June 2020

The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor Collector's Edition

The hyyyyyype! The hype was huge for this! Return to Skyrim! Vampire based story! I was in love from the moment it was announced!

I preordered the physical Collector's Edition in March. Then corona happened and it was delayed. I received my copy on May 27th, the day after release. Two days later I had finished the story and was running around doing side stuff, like finding collectables and treasure hunting.

(Base game CE, Morrowind CE, Summerset CE, Elsweyr CE)

The CE was dope. I missed getting a book like I got from the other CE, but I really really like the coins so that almost made up for it. There are four coins and they each represent a chapter. The first coin has Vivec on one side and the hand for Morrowind on the back, the second coin has Ayrenn on one side and the Summerset bird on the back, the third coin has the khajiiti Mane on one side and the two moons on the back, and the fourth coin has Svargrim on one side and the wolf of Solitude on the back. Morrowind-Summerset-Elsweyr-Greymoor. The new statue looks really good next to my other three statues.


As per usual I read nothing about the chapter aside from the announcement. I watched no trailers and no streams that could spoil anything. But from the announcement and the vampire lord statue my mind immediately went to the Volkihar vampires and my original theory was that we'd meet Serana again and we'd be the ones to lock her inside the cave where she's found in Skyrim. Turns out that wasn't the case, but the story we got was still so good.

For some reason I didn't expect to see the Ravenwatch vampires again, so I was both surprised and happy when I ran into Fennorian, and then later when I met up with Gwendis for a side quest in Blackreach. House Ravenwatch is apparently very important to whatever is going on with the Ashen Lord and I bet we'll see more of them in the next to installments of the Dark Heart of Skyrim season. Does this mean that Verandis will come back?!?!?!?! Can we save him?!?!?! Darien came back, please let Verandis come back.

The introductory cinematic starts with a Skyrim joke as you literally wake up on a wagon and look around at your companions. I love how much Solitude looks like Solitude.

Blackreach was amazingly beautiful, and we got Falmer for the first time in ESO! :D I really, really hope we'll have more to do with the Falmer later, maybe another story of some amazingly untouched Snow Elves like in Dawnguard? That would be really cool.

The harrowstorms are amazing! They work like the anchors from the base gamne or the geysers in Summerset, except the harrowstorms are actually challenging and pretty effing hard to complete on your own. Both anchors and geysers are easily done alone, but harrowstorms and dragons not so much. The only annoying thing about harrowstorms is that they spawn randomly and don't go around in a circle like the anchors. This means that if you just have one left to do to complete the map you may have to end up waiting for a really long time. I spent over an hour waiting for my last one. For dailies it isn't so annoying, as an active harrowstorm easily can be seen from quite a distance and they usually take long enough to complete that you have time to run all the way over there and get at least one hit in.

And then we have the antiquities system, aka treasure hunting. It's a little mini puzzle game and I really enjoy it. First you have to complete the tutorial in Solitude and then you're on your own. Scry for antiquities by completing the puzzle (connect all the "swirls") and then run off to the area indicated on your map. In this area you have to find a pile of dirt. The Eye in mementos help point you in the right direction if you equip it on your quick slots. When you find it you have to dig, which is another little mini game. Both of these mini games get harder the higher your level gets and the higher the item level is (green is very easy, blue is a bit harder, purple even harder, yellow I haven't even got to yet). I very much enjoy going around all of Tamriel, to all of the zones, scrying and digging for treasure. It's so much fun! :D


The fact that Greymoor sparked so many fun times for me kind of made me dive headlong into ESO again, and I'm back to logging in every day. I even joined a guild. Let's see how long it will last this time :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!