Sunday 14 June 2020

Dealing with backlog: Borderlands The Pre-Sequel

Woop woop! A Borderlands game that didn't take us a whole year to complete! xD We started playing this shortly before we both went on holiday and then we played it almost every day throughout our holiday.

I've heard from several people that this is the weakest Borderlands, but I actually really liked it. I really, really enjoyed playing Athena and I really, really liked seeing Jack's character development. Running around Elpis was a welcome change of scenery from being on Pandora (even though Toni kept saying how he missed Pandora).

Being a low-gravity zone ofc there were lots of jumping puzzles and as someone who's notoriously bad at jumping puzzles, this was probably the only negative for me about being on Elpis. We kept having to come back to the Veins of Helios for sidequests and I hated that place, because I kept falling off the platforms when trying to get from one place to another. It's my constant issue with jumping puzzles in any game; either I jump too far, way clear of the platform; or I don't even reach it.

Elpis was so beautiful and I was almost sad when we left the moon and returned to Helios to finally fight Zarpedon and find the Vault, but boy was it worth it. The Vault was amazing and the final boss fight against the Sentinel was so frickin epic. Probably the best boss fight in all of the Borderlands games so far.

Then we got to the DLCs. Since the Pre-Sequel only had one story DLC and the other two were arenas, we decided to only do the story DLC. Neither of us are big fans of arena challenges. So off we went to Claptrap's Claptastic Voyage, which was a really cool DLC. I did not expect to go inside Claptrap, but oh boy is that robot messed up! Also it might be our fault that Claptrap only listens to dubstep.

Claptastic Voyage was chuckfull of puns and we had so much fun with this DLC, until we got to the final boss. Seriously fuck Sh4dow-TP! And we have to fight him twice. Omggg -.-

I really loved the glitchy weapons that came with the Claptastic Voyage. I got one pretty early on and was then stuck on using a frickin amazing laser weapon. Because it was seriously amazing. The damage was through the roof and ate through even the shields of bosses so fast it was ridiculous. But because it was glitchy (intentionally) it sometimes got stuck on firing and I had to wait until I had to reload to get rid of the laser beam. But so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!