Wednesday 24 June 2020

Control Z

I follow Netflix on Facebook and one point the trailer for this show came up on my feed. I thought it seemed interesting so gave it a go.

The show is Mexican and thus they speak Spanish. I don't speak Spanish (and I refuse to dub things) but slap some subtitles on there and no issue.

The show is obviously heavily inspired by Gossip Girls (and to some extent Pretty Little Liars, I think?), but it's less about the fancy upper-class privileged teenagers and more about the ordinary people. I was never a fan of Gossip Girl and while this show is inspired by it, it takes the premises somewhere completely different.

While it starts out as people dealing with having their secrets revealed and the aftermath of that, it soon becomes a sort of mystery/thriller as they try to figure out who the culprit is and why s/he did what s/he did.

I've read some complaints that the story continuity is slippery at best, but I didn't see that. To me everything that happened made perfect sense. But maybe you need to be a little bit broken to see it. If you have never struggled to fit in, then maybe this show isn't for you.

The season ends with something major happening and I really, really hope there'll be another season. I need closure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!