Saturday 31 October 2020

Game completed: Shadowrun: Hong Kong


What a game :D I've now played through all three of the Shadowrun games by Harebrained Schemes and I really need another one. I played Dragonfall in 2017 and Returns in 2014.

Just like in the last two games I made an elf street samurai and got going. I really enjoyed the story in this game too, but it wasn't as amazing as Dragonfall. 

From the get-go it was obvious that the big baddy would be in the Walled City, and I kind of dislike that the whole main story thing didn't connect to it more. Until the very end the main story going on with the characters and whatever was happening in the Walled City seemed like two separate things, where the events in the Walled City kind of ended up in the periphery while I was off searching for my foster dad and trying to bring down a big corporation. 

The post-campaign campaign had better connectivity, but it was too damn short. 

Just like I fell in love with Glory in Dragonfall I got strangely attached to Racter in this game. Which should probably worry me since he is a diagnosed psychopath who wants to bring about a world with nothing but mega cyber enhanced psychopaths. He just really grew on me. And the way he sees the world is a pretty fresh perspective. At least to me. 

The main story starts out with you just getting out of max prison and getting a call from your foster father to meet up in Hong Kong. There you meet your foster brother Duncan and shit hits the fan. Your father is seemingly dead and both you and your brother need to have your identities erased to avoid the police. As the story progresses you find out that your father was involved in some pretty bad things in the past that are still affecting the huge slum called the Walled City to this day. To find out what happened to him you need to dig up the past and find the people responsible and along the way right the wrongs in the Walled City.

As much as I liked this game I just wish there was more to it. I wanted more sidejobs, more sidequests. I would've loved sidejobs involving the Ka Fai family. 

Yeah my name is a good one! :D

Coronavirus!!!! :o

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!