Tuesday 17 March 2020

The Harry Potter mobile games

Wizards Unite: I got this when it released. I loved Pokémon Go and this is the same concept. I was very excited for Pokémon Go when that released but I was doubtful whether the same thing would work in the wizarding world. Wizards Unite has a sort of questline where you work for the Ministry and your job is to catch magic anomalies and return them to their rightful place. It was fun for a short while but soon felt like you were collecting stickers and not much else. I liked that there was a questline, I'm all about quests in any game I play, but fetch quests become boring and grindy in pretty much any game and this was just that. . I got to around level 12 before I stopped. In comparison I played Pokémon Go for more than a year.

Hogwarts Mystery: I started playing this game this past Sunday and it's really a lot of fun! The story is a lot more engaging than in Wizards Unite, and the gameplay is a lot more varied and fun. The only negative feedback I have is the same as what everyone else is saying: you run out of energy too quickly and then you either have to wait hours for your energy to recharge completely or pay real money to buy more in-game currency to buy energy with. And you need energy to be able to complete classes, and you need to get the House points from doing the classes to get the items needed to complete sidequests... It all goes in circles. I'm almost done with Year 1 at the time of writing this and so I have a whole lot more gameplay to do, but I'm actually looking forward to it! Let's see what this game has to offer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!