Tuesday 3 March 2020

Stranger Things

We're probably the last people to join the party on this one. Toni discovered Netflix in January this year (even though he's had his own user on my account since I got my account like three years ago). We started watching Stranger Things a couple weeks ago. Both of us had heard great things about this show and it didn't disappoint.

I loved Mike and Eleven in the first season. Eleven was so cute and Mike was so patient and friendly and caring. I loved the whole conspiracy theory angle they had for the story and how the kids made sense of it using D&D material. The nerd in me greatly approves. I also loved seeing Nancy grow from the shy and somewhat dorky girl into pure girlpower. And seeing Steve grow up from a douchebag teenager to a young man was just perfect. And I loved how they defeated the demogorgon :)

Second season was not as strong as the first season imho. I adored that Hopper got to adopt Eleven. That was perfect, but for the most part this season was a bit slower than the first one. I wasn't as much fan of possessed Will as I was of kidnapped Will. However, I did adore seeing Dustin with Dart :3 And Max is a pretty cool girl. Seeing Eleven close the gate was so frickin epic I was just on the edge of my seat.

Third season is omg yes! I loved seeing Eleven become a real girl. I loved watching the kids turn into teenagers and everything that meant. I loved seeing Steve with Robin and helping him get over Nancy even if he'd never get more than friendship from Robin. I hated that Eleven lost her powers though, even though I loved that Joyce took her into her family after Hopper disappeared. I also hated that they moved away from Hawkins, although it's understandable.

After we finished the third season we watched the teaser for the fourth season. None of us understand the outcry that fans made that it was a spoiler to show Hopper alive. After the credits of the final episode of the third season they show Russians in Siberia talk about an American locked in a cell. It was a pretty obvious hint that they had Hopper there. The season four teaser just confirmed it. Not a spoiler.

Really, really looking forward to the fourth season!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!