Monday 31 May 2021

Fate: The Winx Saga

This was Toni's pick for dinner show after I Am Not Okay With This. He chose it mainly because the trailer looked cool and he had no idea it was based on a kids show. I was over the age of the intended audience when the cartoon was on TV, but iirc my sister watched it sometimes. When I showed him all the pink and cutesy pictures from Winx Club he seemed to first think he made a mistake picking this show, but we started watching it anyway and in the end we both liked it. 

The story is very straight-forward and sometimes extremely obvious. We saw most of the twists coming before they happened. But even so the action and interaction were well done and we both enjoyed watching the show. The next season promises to be interesting. 

Robert James-Collier plays Saul in this show but all I could think whenever he showed up was Thomas. I've been watching too much Downton Abbey. 

And Lesley Sharp, who was brilliant in one of my favourite Doctor Who episodes (Midnight) plays the "evil genius" in this show and I'm so for it. She absolutely knows how to give off creepy vibes. 

Pretty good show, all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!