Wednesday 19 May 2021

I Am Not Okay With This

My pick for dinner show after Tribes of Europa. It's a dark comedy and exactly my sense of humour as it's dark and cynical and sarcastic and I love it. I laughed out loud so many times while we watched this. Toni thought it was cringey though, but comedy shows that he likes I usually find cringey so... He also found it a little bit too girly, but I really liked it. 

However, we were both very disappointed to find out that it got cancelled due to Covid hardships with production. I really liked the show and Toni got pretty into it in the last two episodes. So we really would've liked a continuation. 

The show is about high school girl Sydney Novak whose father has recently died and she is discovering that she has telekinetic powers. She's not exactly bullied, but she's not very popular at school either. She has a few friends and that's about it. She's also trying to figure out her sexuality, which might be gay, might be something else, but she doesn't know and so neither do we. It's a slice-of-life/growing up show with added powers and how things kind of just escalate and end up outside of her control. 

The episodes are sitcom length, so around 20 minutes, so we finished this show in two days. I really want more, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!