Wednesday 4 January 2023

Castlevania

We finally got around to watching Castlevania and it was such a treat! I haven't played the games, but Toni really appreciated all the re-used soundtrack. I just wanted vampires and I love how they played with the lore and the references. Carmilla and Striga and Dracula and Varney... All old-time parts of the vampire lore :3

After Arcane this was our first foray into Netflix's animations and it was so good. Although maybe not appropriate for a dinner show. There were so many instances of guts and gore where we just laughingly said "C'mon I'm trying to eat here!" 

Trevor and Sypha were such a power couple and I just wish they would've stayed with Alucard. He was so lonely. But it all worked out in the end, and I was really happy with their reunion. 

The ending when Dracula suggests going to London really has me all kinds of hopeful for the sequel. Especially considering that the novel takes place in London after Dracula having moved there from Eastern Europe, albeit 400 years later than the show takes place. 

Can you hurry it up with Nocturne, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!