Friday 1 January 2016

December favourites 2015

December went by so quickly I have to look things up to remember what actually happened this past month. But here's what I came up with:

Books: I read two books in December, but I completed four. Two of them were books I had started months earlier, but hadn't yet finished. I wanted a clean reading sheet for 2016 so I completed everything I had lying around. However, my favourite book from December was Mass Effect: Revelation by Drew Karpyshyn. Out of the three game prequels I've read in 2015, this was the best one.

Music: A few favourite songs this month. Looking through my December playlist on iTunes these are the ones I've listened to the most and actually had in my head for days:
• Avril Lavigne - "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"

• Disturbed - "The Sound of Silence"

• In This Moment - "Whore"

• Lindsey Stirling - "Roundtable Rival"

• miwa - "Faith"

• Steam Powered Giraffe - "Steamboat Shenanigans"


Games: This month I finished my latest playthrough of the Mass Effect series. I also completed Dragon Age 2 and I got halfway through the prologue of a new playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition before I realised that I was so done with that game and went on to play Skyrim instead. Despite how much I love Dragon Age and Mass Effect, my favourite game this month has been Skyrim. I feel so at home there it's nuts, and with Steam Workshop and all the mods there I can add new quests as much as I want. I get the feeling I won't be done with Steam until I get an Elder Scrolls VI.


TV shows: This has been a sad month for TV shows. Both America's Next Top Model and Downton Abbey saw their last episodes ever. I've been watching ANTM for 10 years! Seeing it go was sad. I already feel like something will be missing next year when a new season of ANTM won't be available. But despite how much I've loved ANTM, the Downton Abbey Christmas Special was amazing and it steals the spot as favourite show of the month.

Other things: It was Christmas and it was beautiful! It was New Years and it was amazing! Despite a bad cold two weeks before Christmas, December has been a great month! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!