Monday 11 February 2019

Dealing with backlog: Beyond Good and Evil

When I first met Toni he told me how great this game was and I started playing it a little bit on his old Xbox 360. But I rarely work well with consoles and controllers and so I dropped it. When Beyond Good and Evil 2 was announced last year I bough the original on Steam and finally got around to playing it on the PC. 

The story is about Jade and how she works as an action journalist to bring down the corporation that runs and "protects" the planet by uncovering the corruption and their cooperation with the forces that are continuously attacking the planet. 

The use of the camera as a part of the gameplay mechanics was interesting and there were a few puzzles that were slightly complicated, but mostly the game was very straight-forward and a lot more childish than I thought it would be. 

I noticed early on exactly how straight-forward it was and decided not to worry about collecting every single pearl, because the game kept giving you the exact amount needed to continue the story. There was no need to do the races etc except for completionist purposes and the game didn't catch my interest enough to make me go all completionist on it. 

I enjoyed the game but it wasn't a wow experience. It's something to file away as done and not think anymore about. I will be playing the sequel (which is a prequel) althought the original failed to wow me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!