Wednesday 24 April 2019

Do I Have That Book challenge

Hannah did this on Youtube and I decided to do it myself, but as a blog post :)

Here we go~~

1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
I do! The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman is the first one that comes to mind.

2. Do you have a book with three or more people on the cover?
I don't actually have a lot of books with people on the cover and I really don't want to say the Swedish version of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire... But looks like I can say either first or last book in The Belgariad. Swedish version.

3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
Any of my game novels I presume? But I'll keep on the literary route and say Anno Dracula by Kim Newman, which is based on Dracula and a myriad of other vampire stories.

4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
Norra Latin by Sara Bergmark Elfgren.

5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.

6. Do you have a Mass Market Paperback?
Yes. Too many to count. They're easy to carry and I mostly read while going somewhere on the bus/train/plane. But I can give you Midvintermörker by Lars Wilderäng as an example.

7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
The entire Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith a.k.a J.K. Rowling.

8. Do you have a book with a character's name in the title?
If I don't go with Harry Potter... Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer.

9. Do you have a book with two maps in it?
Svavelvinter by Erik Granström.

10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.

11. Do you have a book written by someone who was originally famous for something else?
Brain Droppings by George Carlin.

12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
This one was really hard! The Strange Affair of Spring-Heeled Jack by Mark Hodder has an open pocket watch behind the title. That counts, right?

13. Do you have a poetry book?
I'm not big on poetry, but The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories by Tim Burton should do.

14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
I don't. I think. I prefer to buy books with clear covers. I have Pulitzers, Nebulas and even Nobel laureates on my shelves but not one of them has an award stamp!

15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
Nope. 90% of my family have the same initials as me but I apparantly don't have an author with my same initials!

16. Do you have a book of short stories?
Several. Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman is one.

17. Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long?
Necroscope by Brian Lumley is 505 pages.

18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
So many. Let's avoid the obvious Harry Potter and go with I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.

19. Do you have a graphic novel?
Take your pick of Sandman volumes.

20. Do you have a book written by two or more authors?
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett or The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter

Only two I couldn't do! And that was entirely due to my own preference and that my name seems to be a weird combo. What's in your bookshelf?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!