Friday 14 August 2020

Giri/Haji

I watched this show simply because it was Japanese xD There simply isn't enough of Japanese live action content on Netflix.

Anyway this is a collab between the BBC and Japan so half of it takes place in London and the other half in Tokyo. The Japanese actors speak surprisingly good English and overall I really enjoyed watching the story unfold. It's a crime drama involving both the British mob and the yakuza.

Rodney was the star of the show. I'd watch a show completely about him tbh.

Only complaints I have is that I found the romance to be somewhat forced and the impromptu interpretive dance scene in the last episode was just wtf.

Really hoping for a second season, and that it will be on Netflix if it comes :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!