Wednesday 6 December 2023

Castlevania: Nocturne

I really, really, really enjoyed the original animated Castlevania show, so when this finally dropped on Netflix I couldn't wait to get into it! 

Setting it in revolutionary France is interesting, but it works out. Richter and Maria aren't as fun and interesting as Sypha and Trevor and I can't really bring myself to care about Annette. But Edouard's fate and plight are both extremely interesting to me (although whenever he bursts into song it feels mostly like filler), and I absolutely loved both Olrox and Drolta. Especially Olrox. 

The art style of the Vampire Messiah reminds me of Sailor Moon villains though.

It's only got this one season so far, but after that ending how can I not look forward to the next season?

Comparing it with the original show when this one only has one season seems unfair so I won't do that. 

The last three episodes of the season were a hell of a lot better than the first five episodes, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!