Thursday 15 August 2024

Gen V S01 and The Boys S04

After waiting ages for the fourth season of The Boys, we decided to wait yet a little longer because it had been recommended to me that we watched the spin-off Gen V first, since the plot in Gen V in some ways would tie into season 4. 

I'm glad we watched Gen V, not just because of the plots tying into each other, but because Gen V is totally awesome! Lots of action and high-stakes decisions mixed up with questionable teenage choices - straight up my alley! All the characters are wonderfully flawed. If she hadn't turned out to be totally psycho, Cate would've taken the spot as my favourite character, but at this point I think I'm going with Marie, as boring as that may be because "main character".

Once we finished Gen V we finally started watching season 4 of The Boys, and while the show is still fucking amazing this season wasn't as good as the rest (still awesome though). While the story of this season surrounded Butcher's affliction, it seemed like it spent a lot of time stomping in one place and not really going anywhere. There was a lot of relationship stuff going on in this season and while I hope it's only for building up characters and background and bases for choices that'll happen in the next season, it got a bit stale. Deep still can't catch a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!