Monday 8 June 2015

Sweden Rock Festival 2015

I've been home for one whole day now, which feels amazing because although you really enjoy it and have lots of fun it's always nice to come home. It's nice to come home and sleep in your own bed, eat things besides fast food, not be outdoors 24/7, not queue for the bathroom, and actually be able to take a shower :P

When I went there I had a lot of bands I wanted to see, in the end I think I saw half of them - but that's the way it is. There's always so much fun crap going on in the camp that you don't really want to leave unless it's a band that you really, really like.

We went there on Tuesday and the weather was shitty. Rainy and cold and windy, but we managed to get the tents up. We left the marquee for some other day since the wind would've destroyed it in a matter of hours anyway.

On Wednesday we went to see Evergrey, but the sound really sucked from where we were standing so we left again after only a couple of songs. Later in the evening we went to see D-A-D, which were okay, but we only knew a few songs so when those songs had been played we left again. There was also a class 1 storm warning for this day and we saw several tents rolling down the lane next to us, having gotten loose from their tethers.

Thursday was my busiest day concert-wise, it's also the day when I managed to burn my face really badly. This day I got to see All That Remains, Steve 'n' Seagulls, Children of Bodom, Slash, Airbourne, and Toto. I had planned on Def Leppard and Ghost as well, but we had so much fun in the camp that I decided against it later. I only knew one song from each band anyway.

Friday we finally got the marquee up and I could sit in the shade all day and cool my burning face. I spent the entire day in camp - the only band I saw was Mötley Crüe in the evening. There were other bands I had heard of playing this day, but I didn't want to risk sunshine for a band I only knew one song by or of whom I had only heard, so... But getting to see Mötley on their final tour was really special, although it wasn't the best concert I had been to and it was really obvious by how much Vince let the audience sing that his vocals really couldn't keep up with the songs anymore. But this is still a milestone in my concert experience.

Saturday we were all very haggard and done with the festival. It was the hottest day yet and we were sleepdrived after only getting 4-5 hours sleep each night. So while I had planned on seeing Judas Priest this evening, we decided to go home early instead. I saw Hardcore Superstar (which was great) and then when the boys left to see Avatar and Five Finger Death Punch I packed mine and Toni's stuff together, so that when they came back from the concerts we were ready to go to the car.

We got home at 2.30 am and just fell into bed.

This year was really good. Last year was better obviously - it let me see Alice again :3 But I had a really great time this year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!