Sunday 16 December 2018

Dealing with backlog: Two games of Solitaire

Faerie Solitaire Remastered: I got the original several years ago as a gift on Steam and I quite enjoyed playing it. Then this year I suddenly had the remastered version in my library. This time I didn't take the time to watch the story as I already knew it. Boy finds his way to a magical land and accidentally destroys it as he goes along, to make up for it he agrees to destroy the evil faerie and free the magical land. It's a pretty standard story and pretty straight-forward so I just skipped the story sequences and moved on to the next card phase. The card phases are pretty simple and when you buy the upgrades with in-game currency it becomes even more simple. It's a fast and simple game and it was perfect for  those days when I got home from work and didn't really have the energy to play something that required concentration but I still wanted to play something.

Regency Solitaire: I got this because I enjoyed lazy-playing Faerie and I like the whole 19th century British nobility setting. This game also has a prety generic story of a young woman struggling to throw a ball because her stupid brother has gambled away all their money. But she has a rich godmother and a rich uncle who both help out in settling the brother's debts and helping to throw the ball and get her out of an arranged marriage that was arranged to settle her brother's debts. And in the end everyone lives happily ever after. One of the first things I realised about this game is that it isn't as forgiving and simple as Faerie, but I still never struggled a lot with getting every single hand to perfect. Perfect lazy-playing game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!