Friday 10 January 2020

Dealing with backlog: Two visual novels

The Agency: Chapter 1
This is a short one, since the devs decided to make it episodic and I only ever got the first part. Not sure if I will be getting the second part. The voice acting is terrible and the puzzles are super easy, although there seems to be a story there, and I'm all about a good story!

It took me 75 minutes to complete this episode and I don't feel like it gave me much, although there was one giggle when a window broke and this guy just casually walks up and says "Hey guys it looks like my bar is being attacked". One giggle is good so I may get the second chapter just because of that.

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~
This is a visual novel in the most literal sense. There's very little interactivity and mostly you're just following a story and watching it play out. The only thing you have any control over is which areas of Tokyo to explore.

Had I never been to Tokyo I would've found this game extremely interesting, since they go out of their way to explain everything and highlight the little differences between Japan and most other countries. Having already been there a lot of the time it was like "Yes, yes, I know. Next!"

But more than anything this game gave me amazing nostalgia feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!