Friday 24 January 2020

Edinburgh

Since my planned time off this Christmas didn't go exactly to plan I ended up with a week of paid time left to use. I decided to use this week to take a well-earned holiday and go back to (probably) my favourite city in Europe.

This past Sunday I went to the airport and got on the plane. It was a very nice flight actually. I had booked business class rather than economy for once since the price differed very little, and I was all alone in my row of seats. Very nice. Both flight and tram to the city went by without a hitch. I arrived a little bit early for check-in at the hotel, but decided to try anyway and the receptionist let me check in :)

After checking in and dumping my bags I went to meet up with a friend and we spent the rest of the afternoon walking around the city and also grabbing a coffee at a random café that we happened upon. Before we went our separate ways in the evening we also grabbed dinner at a sushi place (although neither of us had sushi).

The rest of the evening was spent watching TV and talking on Discord in my hotel room.

The day after I got on a train to go visit my friend at his place and meet his dog :3 Once again we had coffee and dinner and I ended up joining his stream on twitch. Time flew by and before either of us knew it I had missed the last train back, so I ended up staying at his place.

The day after I took the train back and then spent the whole day just holed up in my hotel room; reading, watching TV and being on the Internet.

Wednesday was my last day in Edinburgh and so I spent it the way I had originally planned to spend at least two days. I went to The Elephant Café and spent about an hour in there just writing. J.K. Rowling style :) After that I took a walk through the Greyfriars Kirkyard and finally found the Tom Riddle stone :) I then walked up to the Castle and spent about an hour or so there. I couldn't come up with anything special for dinner and so I ended up going to the same sushi place I went to on my first day. But I didn't have sushi this time either. In the evening I decided to go and grab a beer or two at The Black Rose. I spent the evening chatting to the bartenders and also getting completely destroyed at the pub quiz. I stayed for a couple of songs of the ensuing karaoke night before I called it a night and went back to the hotel where I fell asleep pretty instantly.

Yesterday was going home day and once again everything went perfectly smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!