Thursday 16 April 2020

The Umbrella Academy

I've been curious about this show for a while so when we finished The Haunting of Hill House, we continued on our Netflix tour with this one.

It seemed to be straight up our alley with superpowers and superheroes. I think I liked it more than Toni, but we both enjoyed it.

I heard of this show via Tumblr, actually, because Tumblr loves Gerard Way and MCR (who doesn't). And after we finished this show I bought all the volumes of the graphic novel, although I haven't had the time to read them yet.

We figured out pretty early on that Vanya was the cause and the catalyst for everything that happens. It was pretty obvious from a storytelling point of view. Still the show offered a couple of surprises which I'm not gonna tell because spoilers.

Five is easily my favourite character, but I also really liked Hazel and Klaus. Klaus grew on me a lot after the episode in which he accidentally goes back in time and becomes a war veteran. So much character growth in a single episode.

Really looking forward to reading the comics :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!