Tuesday 1 June 2010

Shakey's and Eurovision

Rokugatsu tsuitachi de~su! 6月一日で~す!(It's June 1st!) :) And it has been summer here all day; sunny and clear skies and about 25 degrees.

For lunch today we went to a pizza buffet place Julian had heard of called Shakey's. It was an awesome place and not just because the staff was very friendly and talkative once they noticed that we understood Japanese. The pizza slices were crazy! All kinds of tastes! Of course they had the normal ones like tomato & cheese and salami but they also had one with marshmallows, chocolate sauce and brownie crumbs xD Another one tasted just like sushi and I'm pretty sure the green colour on it actually was wasabi xD After lunch we went to Book Off, which is the big place for books, music, games, movies and second hand stuff. I'm actually considering buying two Game Boy Advanced games there just because those two together would only be about 500 yen xD We walked around on three of the five floors for a while and when they left for Hamacho I went to Starbucks and bought a Vanilla Frappuccino and walked around in Shibuya. I love that area :D

Today around 7pm "Mr. Postman" arrived to pick up my parcel and get it on the way to Sweden. In Japan you call the postman and he comes and picks your stuff up. Doesn't matter if it's weekday or holiday :) But I guess that's because not everyone in Tokyo has a car and it can be pretty far to the closest post office ;) But not having a car in Tokyo doesn't really matter because they have an awesome tube system!!! In the morning rush the train leaves every 3 minutes. Later in the day every 5 minutes. On weekends and holidays every 5-10 minutes... You never really miss a train in Tokyo... :D

So yesterday I noticed that the Swedish broadcasting company had finally uploaded the Eurovision finals on their website so today I watched it. Although I'm on the other side of the world right now I've been following it more intently than usual and ofc even before I watched the finals I knew that Germany was the winner and that for once the best song actually did win. But I wanted to see the finals anyway. And really it didn't matter that Sweden didn't make it to the finals because I would've cheered for little Lena either way (she's actually younger than me, how crazy is that?!?!) xD I love Eurovision when the Western half actually wins xD Too bad there are so many more countries on the Eastern side... But this very evening I wasn't sad that Sweden didn't make it and I didn't cheer for Denmark instead. Tonight I was simply Western European and I was so happy to see my two favourites; Germany and Belgium in the top :) And little Lena really did deserve her victory - a modern Cinderella story, I guess you could call it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my - vilken modern layout! Och du har ändrat namnet på bloggen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup ^^ Kände för något nytt... Och så påbörjade Tiff, du och Erika en fin liten trend att ändra sin blogg...

    ReplyDelete

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!