Tuesday 25 February 2014

Job interview and book sale

So today I was in Stockholm for a job interview. I think it went well, but I'm not at all convinced that I'll get the job. So after the interview I decided that I'd treat myself to a visit to the Sci-Fi bookstore, since it was the start of the annual book sale and all...

Today was my first time alone in the Stockholm underground, and it was totally unintimidating. I was alone in the morning rush in Tokyo's underground, and nothing since has even come close to that. But I do feel like I'm getting to know Stockholm a bit and that feels good :) When I got home from Amortentia I also said that I didn't want to see a train again for at least week, but that didn't work out very well.

So the Sci-Fi bookstore was somewhat crowded due to it being the first day of the annual book sale, but it wasn't even half as bad as during the Christmas shopping ;) I immediately found two books on sale that I wanted. The first one was Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch. It's a book about present day London with magic in it and it's the first one in a series that I've had my eyes on for a while. The other book on sale was Tokyo Clash: Japanese Pop Culture by Ralf Bahren. It's mostly a picture book from contemporary Japan, and I love it. The other two books were Doctor Who and the Daleks by David Whitaker, which is a novelisation of the story with the same name in the first season of the First Doctor, and J.K. Rowling: The Wizard Behind Harry Potter by Marc Shapiro. I've had my eye on that biography for some time, but this time I actually bought it. The notebook was with a front and back of the Tardis :)

It's still not a week since Amortentia and I'm still all caught up in the Harry Potter spirit. For the past three, four hours I've had my Harry Potter playlist on Youtube on repeat. So I'll share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!