Tuesday 1 May 2018

Dealing with backlog: Fran Bow

Fran Bow is a point-and-click horror-ish game that I've heard so much about that I decided I needed to play it. It's a very dark story of a girl suffering from a mental illness. Originally it seems as if she developed her mental issues after her parents were murdered but as you go through the game questions start to arise...

You play as Fran Bow and when the game starts you are in a mental asylum for children. The game is set during the 1940s so imagine the theme. The game is divided into episodes. The first episode takes place in the asylum and sort of sets the pace of the game and as the game goes on the episodes become increasingly weird. My favourite part is when Fran is in the imaginary land Ithersta. That part gives me a very Elsa Beskow feel (Elsa Beskow with a grotesque twist) and I also really liked The House of Madness, which is pretty much the last part of the game. House of Madness gives me a very Alice in Wonderland vibe.

I don't really have anything to complain about when it comes to this game, except maybe I wish it could've been longer and that Itward and Palontras were in it more, and some more background on Remor and Mabuka. But rumour has it there will be a Fran Bow 2 so fingers crossed :)

I couldn't decide whether to give you the trailer or the first episode of Markiplier's playthrough so have both:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!