Thursday 7 May 2020

Dealing with backlog: Borderlands 2

Well, that just took an embarrassing amount of time. We started playing Borderlands 2 just after we finished Borderlands 1 back in 2018, but life and work happened in-between and somehow, here we are. One and a half years later.

I understand now why people say that Borderlands 2 is the best game of the series. Like wow this was a ride. The base game was amazing, and unlike with the original Borderlands I can actually remember the whole story with Angel, Jack and Hyperion despite the disjointed play times.

I played Maya and Toni was Axton, but it was so great to see our old Vault Hunters come back in Borderlands. I played Mordecai in the original and I was so sad by what happened to Bloodwing in 2. Way sadder than I expected to be. I was more sad about Bloodwing than I was about Roland xD

We can all agree that Tiny Tina is the best thing about the game, right? Good. This is all the introduction she needs:

Borderlands 2 was an amazing ride that somehow took only 100 hours but spread out over 1½ years. How did that happen? Adulting got in the way.

So many laughs were had while playing this and we both agree that Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is our favourite DLC.

Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary was the DLC released last year and in hindsight it probably would've made more sense to play through the Pre-Sequel and Telltale's Tales from the Borderlands before we played this DLC. But I only figured that out after I had played Tales and we started on the Pre-Sequel :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!